We firmly believe that parents have the most influence in the lives of students. As a result, we play a supporting role to the spiritual leadership of parents. Therefore, we desire to come along their side to assist, encourage and partner with parents to raise godly young men and women. We truly believe that a combined effort of the family and the church will go a long ways to developing students who Love God, Love Others and Live With Purpose.
TIME & PLACE
Wednesday Nights – 6:30 – 8:15 pm
Church Auditorium [1860 Hancock Rd.]
WHAT TO EXPECT
Wednesday night Student programs include games, a worship time led by the student band, a teaching time and small group discussions
Relationships are vital to spiritual growth. We value the opportunity to build relationally with students therefore small groups are divided by grade and gender. Our small group leaders engage the students, facilitate discussion and encourage them in their faith walk. And, most importantly, they care!
WHAT WE TEACH
Our talks are focused on three major areas that students should experience in their faith journey:
I am created to pursue and authentic relationship with my Creator
- Recognize. There’s more to life than what we can see with our eyes.
- Pursue. God initiated a relationship with us, and the Christian faith is learning how to pursue this relationship through spiritual disciplines.
- Follow. We’re invited not just to believe in Jesus, but to follow Him through faith.
I belong to Jesus Christ and define who I am by what He says
- Made. I have been uniquely made to contribute to God’s world.
- Accepted. We are the loved sons and daughters of the perfect Father.
- Transformed. I am continually being changed by my growing relationship with God.
I exist every day to demonstrate God’s love to a broken world
- Restore. God allows us to participate with Him in restoring a broken world.
- Connect. We live in complexity of relationships and the value God places on them.
- Serve. As the people of God, our lives are marked by our love for one another.
If you are interested in serving with South Lake Students, we would love to have you. There are many opportunities for adults and students to get connected: Small Group Leader, Musician, Crowd Control, etc…. There is only one simple step you need to take, give me a call!
To get involved, contact Don Spivey, our Pastor to Families Email Don